Trusting in God

Hmm, being kind of new to blogging, after I set up my account, thought to myself, "what should my first post be about?" then it hit me, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."- Proverbs 3:5 (ESV). See I'm not surprised that this passage came to mind, it is sort of what I would like to call my mantra. To me, it is God's way of reminding this little lady who always feels or thinks that it is in her power to fix or know the answer to everything. Not to worry though, God has being doing a work in me, that is why I can even have the nerve to start this blog. I have resolved to not worrying myself about what I am going to write about everyday, or who would view my blog, but to just trust that the Lord that has put the thought inside of my heart for so long now, and that has often reminded me at every opportunity He got (smiles), will give me the words to encourage myself and others with.
For those of you out there who may have the same struggle, I would like to encourage you that learning to trust in God, in spite of what your present situation, or what your surrounding dictates takes a baby step. You would have to ask the Holy Spirit to help, and teach you how to trust God, by Him taking you through His word. Once you know what the word of God says about you,  and understanding  His love for you, your confidence begin to grow, and you then begin to see yourself the way God sees you, then you begin to build an unshaken trust.


Dear God, I pray for my new friends this evening, and ask that You will make their hearts receptive to what You will have your Holy Spirit deposit into them as they learn to completely trust in You, that You will help them keep their focus on You and not be moved by the things happening around them. Daddy I pray especially for single parents who may sometimes feel that they are doing life alone. I pray that as You have been my pillar, you will hold them up too and let them know that they are not alone, and that You know them by their names, and You alone can, and will meet their every need.- Amen.

Thank you for reading, and for your encouraging comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...The Horrible Thing..."

The world awaits YOU!!!