Identity…



I have titled this post Identity, because that is what I really want to talk about today, especially as it pertains to our children, especially the young ones that are just beginning to find themselves, and are coming into their own. As someone who works with children ages 8-12, and sometimes 13yrs old, I see and hear a whole lot of things that bother me as a parent of an 8yrs old child, and sometimes these things, I must say, scare me to my very core, to the point that I have to remind myself of what the word of God says about how He’ll protect my offspring (Is 49:25). Parents, this is not to scare you, or cause your minds to worry, but to bring to your awareness that, making sure your children know and understand their identity in Christ, will help them a great deal as they step into the real world. The bible tells us that the father of all lies is the devil (John 8:44), he will go to any length to spread his lies; just like he is doing in our society as we speak.
I love what I do, because I get to speak life into youth that do not believe in themselves, or can’t tell you why they’re experiencing what they are experiencing (subject for another day). However, when a youth as young as 12 &13, tells you “I’m bisexual.” What do you do with information like that? I understand the part where the kids are trying to find themselves, but when they are left alone to explore, or let some adult who’s supposed to help them find themselves, start to put ideas in their heads, all in the name of embracing their sexuality, that is where it really becomes a problem. Not to worry, for those who knowingly lead young ones astray, all in the name of being liberal, they have God to answer to (Mk 9:42). If parents would really parent their children, and not let the government dictate for them how to do so, they will know to let the 12 & 13 yrs. Old know what they ought to focus on, that is appropriate for their age, then again, the age we are in, children are way more mature.
 To my Christian parents “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” When your child/children understand his/her identity in Christ Jesus, the devil can cook up lies and deceit all he wants, that child will not flinch. Therefore parents, let us instill in our children the word of God, let us help them find themselves in Christ as they search for who they are. We ought to let our children know that; they are peculiar, chosen, created in His image, God’s own masterpiece, that have been carefully handpicked by Him.


Prayer;
Dear Lord I pray for all the Godly parents who are trying their best to raise Godly children, in this tough society of ours, that you will grant us all wisdom, and direct us in the way to go, as it pertain to our children. Father help us to understand that we do not have to try, but that we do have to trust that you are in control. Bless our children Lord, and make them a battle axe in your hands to fight the enemies (Jer. 51:20), in your begotten Son’s name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...The Horrible Thing..."

Happy 4th of July…