Spiritual Detoxification



The importance of detoxification…
Not just to your physical body now, but to your whole being. The Bible says in 1Timothy 4:8 that “for physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” (NIV).
For over a week now, I have had the opportunity to detoxify my body in other to get back on track with staying healthy. A few days into the detoxification, I started to notice changes that I really liked; having more energy, less stressed and more alert. The compliments about my glowing skin and ageless look were just off the wall. I must admit, it felt good to hear these wonderful things being said about me (hey, I’m human, lol). However, something that struck me was what would happen if, and when we do same for the inner being.
See, before the entire quest for physical health, I had to journey down the path of inner cleansing. What do I mean by that? I’ll tell you;
With all that I had gone through in life, and knowing that those very dear to my heart had knowingly or/and unknowingly been a part of it all, I abhorred a lot anger in my heart, and trust me, with someone like me who has a vengeful personality, boy do I strategize on how to pay back… you know, make them feel how I’m feeling. Mind you, I was having this kind of mindset even as a believer who professed Christ. Everything changed for me when I began to pray Psalm 139:23-24; “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts.  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (KJV). I had to prepare myself for what the Holy Spirit would always lay on my heart, and my cleansing Began. I first had to ask to be forgiven for bottling up so much hurt, hate and bitterness, and then started through the help of the Holy Spirit to forgive and release everyone. I actually had to write letters to everyone (no I didn’t mail the letters), that I shredded in the end. As I shredded the letters, I would say out loud, “I forgive you, so & so, you cease to have power over me, and I release you, and set myself free from your control.”  The moment I did this, my life began to take a turn; I can even now see it in the way I relate to others or how I view life. My optimism went to the top of the chart. An interesting find was that, I started to notice tension headaches disappearing, unnecessary body aches and weight shedding on their own.
What’s the essence of me putting my life out there, you would ask?
I’m choosing to share my story because I would like for you to understand that letting go of baggage really does frees you, and gives you back the power to regain your life. So before you do anything else, or after you have detoxified your physical body, you may want to try the inside, because to live a life of wellness starts from within. Remember what Jesus said in Mark 7:15;”Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” (NIV). If you abhor so many toxins due to hurt, hate and anger, what do you think you’ll present? (I’ll let you ponder on that).
  1 Peter 3:3-4; “Do not let your adorning be external; the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.” (ESV).
Be encourages.
The Helper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"...The Horrible Thing..."

The world awaits YOU!!!